Saturday, December 29, 2007

Puppet Theater

I've recently taken to muting the TV while I'm doing something else in the room. It's cool, though it depends on what the program is. Certain things it doesn't work with, such as Arrested Development, where the dialogue is where a majority of the show's appeal comes from. But it's really cool if you have a super bang-em-up action movie on, like Terminator or something.

I was doing this just now. Ronin was on some local channel and I had it on mute while I was surfing the web. A really good part came on and I decided to unmute it, and realized that "some local channel" was actually Telemundo. Kind of ruined it for me.

Also, isn't it cool when you see an actor in one commercial that you've seen in other commercials before? It connects you to them, in a way. I saw the weird roommate from the Sprint "Fav 5" commercials in a Mastercard commercial, and I just saw some dude in a medicine commercial pretending to be a magician that I'm sure I've seen somewhere else.

Anyway, got to go. Seinfeld's on mute.

No comments: